“When all is said, and all is done, I would like to be remembered for my kindness.”
3-Successfully producing and managing many inaugural trans events in Australia, always in the hope of empowering transgender people and educating the broader community, including:
Transgender Day of Remembrance Candlelight Vigil at Taylor Square in Sydney 2016, for the first time inviting all the LGBTQIA+ Community to join us, thus creating the first Official Trans related event on the LGBTQIA+ Calendar in Sydney.
The Inaugural Trans Stories – A 2017 Sydney Pride Festival Event, educating the broader public about what it is to be trans
How to Transition Successfully in Business – A 2016 Sydney Pride Festival Event.
Katherine Wolfgramme Gender Diversity Consultancy – The first self-employed transgender woman delivering trans awareness programmes commercially in Australia, services provided by cis gay people before this.
The Gender Whisperer – The first exclusively trans column in The Star Observer, Australia’s oldest and largest LGBTQIA+ Magazine, raising trans visibility across the medium.
Inaugural Trans Pride Ball 1996
- Board Associate, Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras – 2019-2021
- The Ambassador, The Gender Centre -current 2018-2021
- Public Officer and Board Member of Wear It Purple June 2018- June 2019
- The Gender Whisperer, trans column , The Star Observer Magazine – Author – 2018-2020
- Owner, Katherine Wolfgramme – Gender Diversity Consultant & Trans Awareness Trainer – Current
- Chair, Sydney Transgender Day of Remembrance Steering Committee 2019
- Public Officer, Wear It Purple, May 2018 -June 2019
- Winner, Inspirational Role Model of the Year, Australian LGBTQIA+ Awards 2019
- Winner, Best Charity/Community Organisation, Australian LGBTQIA+ Awards for Wear It Purple 2019
- Producer – Sydney Transgender Day of Remembrance 2018
- Albion Centre, delivering trans awareness training to rural medical professionals 2019
- Nomination, Community Hero, Honour Awards 2019
- Ashurst – Guest Panelist IDAHoBIT Event 2019
- Bank of America Merril Lynch – Trans Awareness Training 2019
- Citi Bank – Wear It Purple Day 2018, guest speaker.
- Clifford Chance – Afternoon Tea Keynote Speaker IDAHoBIT Event 2019
- Education NSW.
- Consultant, Eleven PR for Skyy Vodka – Consultation 2019
- Producer – Sydney Transgender Day of Remembrance 2018
- Guest Speaker, FBI Radio 2017.
- Headspace Wollongong – Wollongong Parents of Trans Children Support Group 2017.
- Heaps Gay – Trans Day of Visibility Campaign 2017.
- ING Bank – Wear It Purple Day 2018, guest speaker.
- Joy FM Radio – guest on Gender Agenda 2017, 2018, 2019.
- Leitis In Waiting – Mardi Gras Film Festival 2019
- Mind The Gap 2.0., 2018- Guest Panelist speaking on feminism and gender intersectionality in today’s society – by special request of the student body of a Girls’ Grammar School.
- Pride In Practice 2018 for The Star Entertainment Group
- Qantas – Keynote Speaker IDAHoBIT Event 2019
- Rainbow Families – Family Pride Picnic, Guest Speaker 2019
- Royal Bank of Canada – Trans Awareness Week 2018
- SameSame / Nandos – Trans Equality Employment Campaign 2017.
- Star Observer – contributor.
- Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras 2018 – Museum of Love & Protest
- Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras 2018– Queer Thinking.
- Bloomberg – Trans Day of Visibility 2017.
- Sydney Pride Festival 2017.
- Sydney Pride Festival 2016.
- The Gender Centre – Transgender Day of Remembrance at Harmony Park Organising Committee 2016.
- Producer, The Gender Centre – Transgender Day of Remembrance at Harmony Park Organising Committee 2018
- Trans Sydney Pride – How to Successfully Transition in Business 2016 – Producer.
- Trans Sydney Pride – Inaugural Trans Day of Remembrance Candlelight Vigil – Taylor Square, 2016 – Producer.
- Trans Sydney Pride – Trans Stories, a Celebration 2017, opening story.
- Sydney Secondary College – Blackwattle Bay Wear It Purple Day 2018 & 2019 – Guest speaker to a senior school assembly
Official Wear It Purple Film Clip 2019 “Stand Out, Stand Up” in conjunction with Wear It Purple, Junkee & Facebook
- Norton Rose & Fulbright – Trans Awareness Training August 2019
- Westpac – Wear It Purple Day Speaker Series Event 2019
- Lendlease – Guest Panelist Wear It Purple Day Event August 2019
- Kiama City Council – Trans Awareness Training September 2019
- Blue Haven Care Nursing Facility – Trans Awareness training 2019
- Central Coast Pride – RUOK Day Gender Diverse Support Group 2019
- Short Documentary – At Intersections
- Camilla Mardi Gras Campaign 2020
- Daylesford Chillout Festival Ambassador 2020
- Sydney Transgender Day of Remembrance Sponsorship Manager 2020
- Short Documentory – Gaytriarchy and why we still need Pride 2021
- JPMorgan – Trans Awareness Presentation 2021
- ABC Radio Interview with Josh SZeps International Day of Transgender Visibilty May 2021
- Australian Signal Directorate Headquarters – IDAHOBIT June 2021
- FINCH – Gender Diversity Consultant for a major documentary to be released 2022
- CPM & Retail Safari Head Offices – Trans Awareness Presentation July 2021
- Kind July Conversations – Interview by Jane Hutcheon for Kind July 2021
- John Holland & North Western Program Alliance- Wear It Purple Day Presentation August 2021
- Fiji Fashion Week’s Fashion Talks with Ellen interview for Fiji TV. September 2021
- Out For Australia – Women Mentorship, Women Empowering Women. Panel Discussion. September 2021
- Queensland University of Technology- Trans Awareness Presentation. October 2021
- Department of Communities and Justice November 2021 – Trans Awareness Presentation
- Clifford Chance guest panelist March 2022
- Sephora ANZ – International Women’s Day 2022. Trans Awareness Presentation.
- BNP Paribas Bank – IDAHOBT 2022. Trans Awareness Presentation
- Transperfect Legal Solutions- Pride Month 2022. Trans Awareness Presentation
- Powerhouse Late x Vivid Ideas: Queer Sydney- Qtopia Sydney Panel June 2022
- LADbible – June 2022, subject of an episode in new series Hindsight first transgender subject to appear on LADbible Australia.
- City Chic – June 2022, first tier national management training workshop
- City Chic – July 2022, second tier management training workshop
- Northrup Consulting Engineers – Wear It Purple Day presentation August 2022
- Australian Broadcasting Commission – Advisory Panel for a major documentary to be announced September 2022
- Channel 9 – Cameo Appearance in four part series “The Best 30 Years”. September 2022
- Sydney World Pride – Ambassador 2022
- Sydney University – Sydney University Union Debate “We should never restrict free speech” October 2022
- DNA Magazine – Feature Article November 2022
- P&O Cruises – Sydney Pride Cruise, Trans Awareness Presentation. November 2022
- P&O Cruises – Melbourne Pride Cruise, Trans Awareness Presentation December 2022
- Sydney World Pride 2023 Rainbow Champion
- Guest on podcast Tracks of Our Queers
- Camilla Australia- Trans Awareness Presentation February 2023
- Fleurs de Villes – floral tribute at Calyx, Sydney Royal Botanical Gardens March 2023
- OMD Australia Trans Awareness Presentation sponsored by TikTok March 2023
- Booking.com Travel Proud Ambassador March 2023
Brands I’ve worked with
What they say
You were fabulous my darling. Thank you for coming to my school and being so amazing. The students and teachers alike loved it!
Katherine is one of Australia’s foremost speakers on transgender lives and rights, with extensive knowledge of the lives experiences of transgender people. At a time when LGBTQIA+ issues are in the spotlight and there’s new awareness of gender diversity, Katherine can be a wonderful, warm, knowledgeable and welcoming guide to any organisation willing to learn more about transgender people. She’s a great addition to any panel or project about diversity. We were very proud and happy to work with her during Mardi Gras 2017 and 2018. I don’t hesitate to recommend Katherine and I am happy to be contacted for any further information
Katherine does everything with grace, courage, wit and clarity. I unreservedly recommend her to anyone seeking guidance on how to be an ally to the trans and wider LGBTQIA+ communities.
It was our absolute pleasure having you join us and inspiring to hear your fascinating story.
Thank you so much for coming and speaking to us today. It was a really wonderful opportunity for our staff to hear your story, and learn about the difficulties the transgender community still faces. The feedback we have received so far has been overwhelmingly positive.
Congratulations and thank you on an awesome panel discussion on Monday! Thank you for sharing your stories.
I am not sure if you remember me from Citi’s Wear it Purple event; however, I am the executive sponsor of the Pride Network. I was relying the event to a personal friend and impact you had on both myself and the team
Thanks for coming down to Lendlease. I’ve had lots of wonderful positive feedback from the people who attended and how you all got the balance right between creating understanding and being entertaining. Well done.
Thank you Katherine Wolfgramme for being our keynote speaker today for our Wear it Purple Day event. Katherine is a renowned Trans and gender diversity educator and amongst many important messages she reminded us that the Trans community are not asking for special treatment, just a fair go, and that if we treat people as human beings it is amazing what we can achieve together.
I just love the energy you bring and how passionate you are with what you are doing and continue to do within the Rainbow Community. Education is powerful. Hope to see you again soon.